Sunday, June 14, 2015

June is flying past!

Sometimes things don't work out as planned.
My 'quiet' country life has been anything BUT quiet these days!
I'm back to work full time, Little Country Girl has just finished a session of Spring Skate and is now playing soccer. I am busy at the soccer field 2-4 days a week.
Country Boy is working lots of shifts at a local fast food restaurant, as well as getting ready for a summer job with the Pan Am Games coming soon. He is saving for a car and that will surely help loosen the load on Big Country Girl and I, who have been driving him around.
Father has started a new job, and so this means more time away from home.
There has been so much to do around the yard!
The grass hasn't stopped growing, nor have the weeds.
The veggie garden is now planted, and the pool opened.
2 more weeks and Little Country Girl will be on summer holidays.
It might almost be time to slow down a bit!
We had a very wet week, and so yesterday was spent cutting grass, weeding, and planting.
Today was another rainy day and so the housework was done, and I even had a chance to sit down!
I have been snapping photos for weeks, and finally I can post a few of what is going on in my yard.
I finally got the veggie tomatoes, peppers and zucchini's planted, and Little Country Girl talked me into trying watermelon one more time. Now the hard part ... keeping ahead of the weeds!

Our Asparagus patch was bountiful this year and I think we can all say that we had our fill.
Planted a whole lot of spinach and salad greens that should be ready to eat any time now.
I thought this Red Romaine looked good, but so far it just tastes bitter.
The first big weeding out there took almost all day, and filled the wheelbarrow!
Have you ever seen such a HUGE Rhubarb plant?
 I found a new recipe for Rhubarb Cinnamon muffins that everyone seems to like, and we have had stewed rhubarb and rhubarb strawberry crisp. I have also frozen some and given lots to friends. I think this plant really likes the yearly topdressing of manure!
I've been trying to get the back flower beds cleaned and planted up too.
Thank goodness for the perennials, or there would be no color out there. I just haven't had the time to get all the annuals in yet! There are some pretties out there...
Snow in Summer
Garden Loosestrife
 Maiden Pinks
 Allium
 Flag Iris
 Iris
 Spiderwort
The Hosta beds are coming to life, some are getting split 

 The Peony's are starting to bloom 





This week things should slow down for me a little.
Hopefully the weeds don't get away from me before then.


1 comment: