Friday, September 14, 2012

Fertilizer Friday - September 14th

What a week!
School is back full swing, and it has taken some time to get back into the old routine.
Last week started with a storm that brought 3 inches of rain, followed by another storm that brought strong winds. Strong enough to blow over the arbor holding the Wisteria vine! I never would have thought this could blow over with that vine holding it in place.
 It was set back up, repaired and reinforced. Looking at it I noticed a large number of 'beans' hanging and decided that I should deadhead. There are probably several pounds of these beans hanging there.
Does anyone else deadhead their Wisteria?
Fall begins in a week, but it has felt like fall for a while.
The back garden is showing off it's fall colors
You know it is fall when the Sedum starts to bloom
The Butterfly weed is ready to spread some seeds too
The Blood Grass is starting to show it's color too
While it is feeling like Fall, my garden isn't ready to let go of summer yet.
The Roses are enjoying the cooler temperatures and are all in bloom


 The Dahlia's are putting on quite a show too


I found a Cosmos I didn't know about too!
The Texas Red Salvia is soo hard to take photos of!
The Hummer's have really enjoyed it
The Morning Glory has finally covered the entire trellis.  They are beautiful blooms, but not the Sunrise Serenade blooms I was waiting for.
This is my favorite Zinnia and color and I hope to save some seeds from this plant. Keeping my fingers crossed that the seeds will come true. I've never saved seeds from my Zinnia's.
 I'm linking into Fertilizer Friday with Tootsie
Have a great day all :)



















1 comment:

  1. everything is just gorgeous!!! Oh How I love the photos of your roses!!! I don't have any roses in this yard...yet..lol
    I shared this post to tootsie time facebook page!!!
    thanks for linking in this week I hope you will again soon!
    hugs from Alberta Canada!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.
    www.tootsietime.com

    ReplyDelete