Friday, August 24, 2012

Fertilizer Friday - August 24th

Another week has passed and it is once again time to link in to Tootsies
The temperatures have been cooler - it was only 7°C two mornings this week, making it feel very Fall-like. Last weeks rains have helped too.
The shed planter is really filling in
Remember that vine that popped up in my new garden?
 I had hoped it was a zucchini or pumpkin, but it doesn't appear to be anything I want to eat.
There are 7 fruits, oddly shaped and lumpy. I think they will be used for fall decorating.
One of the Roses are re-blooming
The Phlox is looking good too
Datura bloom opening - heavenly scent!
Angelonia - a first for me
A female Humming bird has been watching me in the garden and lands for a drink.
She checks me out and then drinks before flying off
 Love these little guys, but they are so QUICK!

5 comments:

  1. Strange fruit. Love the Phlox, is that Angelonia or Guara? Hummers are so entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darla, it was tagged Angelonia when I bought it, and all along I've been thinking how similar it is to Gaura! LOL Now that I've 'googled' Angelonia, I can see why!! Yet another plant I bought this year that was tagged wrong ...

      Delete
  2. Those are great hummer photos. We sure could do with some rain as everything is so-o-o-o dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting dry here too. We go from one extreme to the other around here ... what a year!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Netty, Your phlox is just stunning! I do so love pink in the garden. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete