Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fertilizer Friday - Flaunt your Flowers July 28th

I can't believe July is almost gone!
I'm linking in to Tootsie's Fertilizer Friday
Here's what's been going on in my garden this week
Here's a view of the back garden from the farm trail. The rain has perked things up a little but I still find it is lacking color for this time of year
I'm really loving this variegated Sedum 'Frosty Morn' this year!
And here with 'Pink Double Delight'
This Amaranthus is a volunteer from last years 'Love Lies Bleeding'
I think the Zinnia's are stealing the show back here this year!
Liatris
Balloon Flower 'Fuji White'
A bucket full of Black Petunia's
Rosa 'Home and Garden'  I really wish they would have given this Rose a prettier name!
First year for blooms from this Ligularia 'The Rocket'
And finally, a pale pink Hollyhock. I waited 2 years for this to bloom thinking it would be a black one.
Disappointing, but it IS a pretty bloom

9 comments:

  1. I think everything looks beautiful is your header picture from this year? it's gorgeous..

    Have a fun weekend.
    hugs from Savannah,Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dark black petunias with bright green foliage and the grey sedum with shocking pink flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Netty, Your home is pretty and so is your yard. I really like the orange zinnias, as well as the ligularia and liatris.
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful flowers. i love those orange zinnias.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some beautiful flowers. How funny that we both tried to grow black hollyhocks and ended up with pink! I love your black petunias and your variegated sedum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Netty, that is the most beautiful sedum I have ever seen! I have the same plant but it looks nothing like yours health-wise. Mine looks anemic!

    The zinnias and the coneflowers, gosh, everything looks beautiful in your garden. Those black petunias are gorgeous, too, I'm growing one plant of them this year and so far, they're doing ok, but not like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the kind words!
    Cherry-the header is this years garden mid June. The first photo in this post is about 1 month later. You see what I mean about lacking color?
    Alison-That IS funny about the black/pink Hollyhocks! I planted more seeds last fall so it will be interesting to see what color the blooms turn out to be next year!
    Karen-This Sedum is lovely...as soon as I saw it in the greenhouse I knew it was coming home with me! It is big and floppy now and needs dividing but I'm sure I won't have trouble finding places to plant the divisions. The planter with the black Petunia's just filled in ... it seemed to be taking forever! I only have one plant too, kind of a trial. It passed with flying colors and I'll definitely get more next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the black petunias!!!
    What a pretty post!!! Your photos are just lovely!
    Once again I am just loving the tour of all the gardens that have linked in to my little party! I am so excited to visit each and every post...they are all so inspiring and I am NEVER disappointed! The creative gardens and colorful displays that I am lucky to see are inspirations that I would never have found had I not found each of the gardeners I see online! Thank you so much for sharing your garden with my Friday Flaunt this week...I do hope you will link in again soon!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete