Friday, February 4, 2011

The Welcome Garden

At the end of the driveway there was a big overgrown mess.
I went down there with the lawn mower and weed eater and discovered that under this mess was a bunch of boulders. Well any gardener knows what to do with boulders ... make a garden!  After I got the weeds under control, I dug up and moved that little tree and filled the spaces with soil. (Actually, my neighbor was so kind as to fill it with soil with his tractor - saved me a lot of work...thanks Rob!)  I then got to go and take advantage of the end of season plant sales (my favorite part!),  planted it and then tucked it in for the winter.
In the spring I added small stones around the outside of the garden and this is how it looked the next summer:

Here it is again sporting Autumn colors:

2 comments: